Business Development Manager is required for an exciting opportunity that has been created as an additional position within this unique business that works across the pharma & biotech markets. We need a BDM who is ambitious and looking for the next step in their career with an opportunity to build and drive new business and account expansion for the organisation across the pharmaceutical market, throughout the UK, US & Europe. The key responsibility in this sales and business development role is to identify and take a strategic approach to engaging with potential clients and their partners to offer the organisations solutions, products and subscription services in the pharma sector, which includes SaaS type product, data insights & market information. If you have Pharma, market intelligence or data insight, SaaS experience then perfect, however attitude and a consultative sales style is all that is needed as the rest can be taught. The position will see you take full ownership of developing and managing your customer base to ensure optimal value from the organisation’s products and services is delivered to both existing and new customers.
- As a Commercial Business Development Manager you will be tasked with generating new and renewal business from biopharma, consultancies, financial institutions and payers as well as maintaining and growing existing client relationships through focused account management and retention activities both over the telephone and face-to-face in US and Europe.
- Identifying and driving sales opportunities with potential new clients by getting involved in physical and online marketing, bid preparation and client presentations.
- Identifying processes for vendor selection and procurement list entry.
- Cultivating and contributing to a positive work environment through knowledge sharing, team building and rallying behind new initiatives and efforts across the organization.
- Keeping the client informed of our development plans and identifying opportunities to upsell new tools, features, data and services and working collaboratively with colleagues to manage the opportunity to close process
- Managing these existing relationships for growth through valued account management and up-selling new solutions.
- Maintaining a robust pipeline for future sales by sourcing new prospects as well as qualifying inbound leads for conversion.
- Engaging and communicating effectively with senior decision makers both over the telephone and face to face.
- Accurately maintaining and developing prospect/client data via our CRM tool.
- Developing and maintaining a high level of product knowledge across a range of the company’s products and services.
- Attending conferences and events with the aim of developing new business and supporting existing clients.
Experience & Skills Required
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills.
- Ability to pick up new technologies and concepts easily.
- Building leads and network of experience combined with technical/data expertise.
- A strong understanding of the Pharmaceutical Market.
- Good understanding of market access processes in the biopharmaceutical space would be great but not essential.
- An appreciation of SaaS products or market and data insights and the selling of them would also be beneficial but not required.
- Ability to drive customer loyalty and satisfaction (high renewal rates, client saves, testimonials).
- Business Intelligence sales experience would be good, which must include proactive telephone-based new business generation.
- Strong commercial acumen with experience of presenting to senior decision makers.
- Experience of selling internationally.
- A motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, target driven environment.
- Passionate about winning; A self-starter with a track record of success ideally in and out of the workplace.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a strong desire and agility to succeed and grow in a fast-paced environment.
- A need to achieve attitude, that can provide and welcome constructive feedback and welcomes positive learning from negative outcomes.
- Ability to put themselves in the shoes of the client, identify their problems and translate our services and products into solutions.
- Natural at building strong relationships and gaining credibility as a trusted advisor.
- Thoughtful, with a proven track record of engaging clients and understanding their business, strategic goals and how they define success with our solutions.
- An outstanding communicator, able to provide a single point of contact for your client on all matters regarding PMA, data, and technology related.
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality work within defined timelines.
- A keenness to learn and commitment to a rapid development curve.
- A strong motivation to thrive in a client-focused, international team environment.
What’s on Offer
Along with working for a people-centric business with a great reputation, this position allows an individual to come in and really make an impact and help continue to assist in the rapid growth of the business and its continued success. In addition to a great base salary & opportunity to double if not more this with your bonus, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays & Pension, you will have a structured training and development programme within the business that promote the ambitions of inspiring and talented individuals so that together you can make a difference to the life sciences industry.
Salary :- c£120k OTE (DOE) 33 Days Hols, Expenses
Location :- Home Based & London
Company:- The organisation are a market leader in analytics and innovative solutions for pharmaceutical pricing, market access and commercial strategy helping support price decision-making throughout the lifecycle and help the industry achieve day-to-day operational improvement and market access excellence.
Diversity & Inclusion
Kingsley Consulting operate an inclusive and diverse recruitment process, whilst also ensuring our clients do the same and we can provide any advice or education to them in relation to this. If there may be any support or adjustments required at any point throughout your recruitment journey with us, then please let us know and our trained consultants will assist and advise you accordingly.