A Contracts Manager is required ideally locally to Gloucestershire by an organisation who provide expert, independent and bespoke Fire, Security and IT Solutions design, installation and support. The responsibilities of the Contracts Manager include providing leadership and support to the regions Capital Projects delivery teams to ensure project financial monitoring and control of all projects within the region in order to deliver all Capital Projects within the agreed contractual time frames ensuring environmental, health and safety and quality compliance are maintained and projects are delivered to regional budget requirements.
General overview of tasks will involve;
- To be the lead point of contact for all key customer contracts, anticipate customer needs, ensure customer deadlines are met and support the contract to ensure customer success and contractual compliance.
- To support sales and build and nurture key account relationships through strategic planning and cross-functional leadership.
- Work effectively with Business Development Managers to increase prospects, opportunities & award wins.
- To effectively build, monitor and support project teams.
- To effectively identify, build and maintain internal key departmental contacts and stakeholder relationships to ensure positive outcomes and cross functional working at all times.
- Take ownership of the regions project delivery including implementing, monitoring and developing construction programmes and financial controls to ensure key project performance measures are achieved.
- To attend progress review meetings with external & internal customers and provide timely support and corrective actions, including complaint management and dispute resolutions, to ensure successful delivery of contracts, budgets and to optimise customer relationships and protect the business.
- To ensure compliance with industry standards and codes of practice, company quality and compliance standards and customer SLA’s and take corrective action as appropriate.
- To ensure compliance with Health and Safety and Environmental (HS&E) statutory and regulatory requirements, standards and codes of practice, company procedures and customer SLA’s and take corrective action as appropriate.
- Lead by example setting the highest possible standards of leadership in promotion of HS&E procedures and best practice.
- Proactively manage the team to ensure high levels of performance and achievement of contractual SLA’s
- Manage staff allocation and assignment to projects.
- To support the day to day management of the delivery teams (Project Managers and Project Engineers), including regular contract review and planning meetings.
- To produce and analyse progress reports, updated costs and forecasts as and when the business and contractual requirements.
- To monitor quality and continually explore improvements in design and installation techniques and to provide regular feedback into the business to reduce cost and wastage.
Experience & Skills Required
- Contracts management experience in construction or engineering including relationship management and negotiating contract terms and conditions.
- Sound commercial awareness and costing of projects and contracts.
- Extensive experience of managing remote teams.
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to influence, coach and mentor.
- Good knowledge and experience of contract law and able to administer NEC3/4 and JCT.
- Clear understanding of construction methods and sequencing.
- Clear understanding of construction Health and Safety requirements, including management of RAMS and sub-contractors.
- Demonstrable experience of providing professional and appropriate verbal and written communications with both internal and external customers at all levels.
- Experienced in achieving SLA’s, identifying gaps against standards, and implementing improvement solutions.
- Demonstrable experience in achieving performance targets and driving performance through utilising metrics.
- Demonstrable experience in providing strong leadership and leading by example.
- Solid experience in effectively organising and coordinating multiple priorities whilst achieving tight deadlines.
- Highly resilient, responsive and proactive, able to adapt to daily changes in workload and areas of focus.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Sound problem solving skills and analytical thinking with demonstrable experience of delivering actions plans to resolve issues and remedy disputes.
- Previous experience of working within Fire or Security or Data Infrastructure industry.
- Educated to HND level or relevant industry experience.
- NEBOSH, IOSH or SMSTS certification.
- Experience of resource planning.
- Experience of Eque2 or other similar contract management software.
- CSCS Card.
What’s on Offer
Working within an international business, you will enjoy the benefits that come with this whilst still enjoying a close nit working team. The security and benefits that also come with this are certainly generous as is the opportunity for further career progression within the organisation too. You will receive a great basic salary plus the opportunity for a substantial bonus in addition to the other benefits also that are included with the role.
Salary :- c£70k Base + Car Allowance, Bonus, Health Care Cash plan, 33 Days Hols
Location :- Midlands and North of UK – based ideally local to Gloucestershire
Diversity & Inclusion
Kingsley Consulting operate an inclusive and diverse recruitment process, whilst also ensuring our clients do the same and we can provide any advice or education to them in relation to this. If there may be any support or adjustments required at any point throughout your recruitment journey with us, then please let us know and our trained consultants will assist and advise you accordingly.