An Estimator with some experience or knowledge of the Building Services, M&E Contractor or Commercial Heating Market is wanted by an organisation who are part of a UK market leader of boilers, water heaters and low carbon solutions group. This part of the group provides external and fully delivered external heating, plant room, energy centre & HIU solutions to the Building Services, M&E Contractors & Construction markets.
This is a new position within the organisation, created in order to help assist and support the Sales Director and the business complete and subsequently win more Tenders, Bids and Estimates provided to customers and future customers for the provision of external Commercial plant rooms, Energy Centres or large volume HIU solutions.
The role will involve;
- Completion and subsequent submission of PQQ’s, that come into the business
- Constructing accurate estimates for client tenders and enquiries and subsequently delivering these back in professional detailed manner to clients.
- Liaising with suppliers to gain best prices on all products required
- Gaining knowledge along the way of HIU’s, Utility cupboards, Energy Centres and Plant Solutions
- Development of feedback process from quotations to actuals
- Process Evaluation for next jobs and the development of back costing reports so these can be used for future job costings and estimates on labour costings and additional unexpected costs.
- Working closely with the works team and Sales Director to take the Estimates through to the works order to getting full sign off to start the works.
- Use of Sage 50 for obtaining previous materials pricing
- Use of Kronos to gain true labour recording on projects
- Use of Microsoft Excel to build detailed and technical quotations
- Making continual improvement in all processes and accuracy of estimates to secure further business and improve margins where possible at all times.
Experience & Skills Required
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Ideally, the applicant will have Commercial Heating, plant, Building Services or M&E Contractor knowledge.
- Previous Estimating and Quotation experience
- Tender Management and PQQ submissions
- Can clearly demonstrate strong client and customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills along with a clear and confident telephone manner.
- Real attention to detail
- Able to continually review processes and make recommendations for improvements.
- Good Microsoft Excel experience
- Sage 50 and Microsoft Dynamics experience would be beneficial but not essential.
What’s on Offer
The company is part of a larger group who has the backing and support to help continue its growth and expansion across the markets it operated within. The position is a new role within the business which will grow and develop as the individual in the role further develops themselves and shapes the position around their current and future abilities. In addition to the development and training that will come with the position, aiding in your general career progression, a good salary, benefits package and nice working environment is all on offer which also includes free parking on site.
If you are interested in learning more and would like to apply for the position then please click the apply now button or email your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org or give Cliff a call in the office on 01327 227320
Diversity & Inclusion
Kingsley Consulting operate an inclusive and diverse recruitment process, whilst also ensuring our clients do the same and we can provide any advice or education to them in relation to this. If there may be any support or adjustments required at any point throughout your recruitment journey with us, then please let us know and our trained consultants will assist and advise you accordingly.