This Estimator position will mainly be an office based role that will involve looking after the Estimating functions of the business but also managing the rest of the team of Estimators and Administrative support functions too. The MD and owner of the business is looking for an experienced Estimator who has previous team management experience in order to over the next few year enable him to take a step back and away from the day to day running of the company and had this over to this person. This role will require someone who has the drive and desire to advance their career and have the ability to, in time, take over the running of the company and gain a potential Directorship in the business,
The position will initially require general hands on Estimating works which will involve them to Estimate across a variety of projects mainly across the Residential portfolio with project values ranging anything from £100k to £5million in value, with the majority sitting up to the £750k total. The role will also involve checking other works, coaching, development and overall management of the other Estimators within the business.
Duties will include;
- Estimation & management of quotes for multiple sites, client and projects
- Dealing with clients requirements over the phone and at times in person
- To set up estimating files upon receipt of enquiries, both electronically and paper completing any further filing.
- Possible support of tenders and bid management for clients.
- To chase supplier, sub-contractor and manufacturer quotations.
- To take off residential and some commercial projects.
- To complete full estimating tasks.
- Management of the Estimation team
- Checking works and estimations carried out by the team
- Coaching & development of individuals and team as a whole
- Work closely with the MD of the business to help continue to grow the company
Experience & Skills Required:
- A good variety and depth of Estimation experience across mainly Domestic projects
- A good general understanding of building and construction
- Highly organised and able to plan and prioritise
- Previous strong team management and development experience
- Analytical and accurate
- Excellent communicator
- Computer literate
- Able to work under pressure
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- First class time management skills
- Practical team player with a hands-on style
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Attention to detail
What’s on Offer
Working within this business, you will enjoy working within a close team that support each other and has a great culture that runs through the entire company. The success and awards the company have gained to date provide a platform for someone’s career to also grow with the company’s success. The security and benefits that also come with this are certainly generous as is the opportunity to take over the running of the business and potential Directorship for the right individual.
Diversity & Inclusion
Kingsley Consulting operate an inclusive and diverse recruitment process, whilst also ensuring our clients do the same and we can provide any advice or education to them in relation to this. If there may be any support or adjustments required at any point throughout your recruitment journey with us, then please let us know and our trained consultants will assist and advise you accordingly.