The Financial Controller is responsible for managing the day to day operational activities of the finance function, implementing processes and controls to ensure robust financial performance of the team and the business, managing the finance team, producing timely and accurate financial information and ensuring compliance with all legal and statutory regulations at all times.
General overview of tasks will involve;
- Responsible for setting the agenda for change across the finance team to build a high performing and motivated finance team
- Lead and manage the finance team, setting relevant and stretching performance targets in order to deliver agreed customer priorities, operational targets, financial targets and budgets, KPI’s, SLA’s and any other performance measures as agreed in the organisational plans.
- Oversee timely preparation of monthly management accounts and other monthly routines as required, including;
– Income reconciliation and assessment of accrued / deferred income positions
– Preparation / review of all balance sheet reconciliations
– Production of Profit & loss and Balance Sheet reports by department
– Analysis of variances to budget with supporting commentary
– Sales margin analysis
- Provision of financial analysis and information to support the annual budget process and quarterly reforecasts.
- Analyse financial performance against agreed KPIs and produce reports as required by the business, highlighting exceptions and any areas of concern with recommended solutions
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders across all areas of the business
- Ensure team compliance in credit control, invoicing, collections processes (including aged debtor reporting) and any other processes as required by the business
- Accountable for supporting the delivery of the procure to pay process ensuring cashflow is maximised at all times
- Ensure legal and statutory compliance including VAT returns, CIS returns, EC Sales, Corporation Tax and PAYE returns are completed accurately and in line with legal timeframes
- Management of the statutory year end audit process including liaison with external auditors
- Accountable for the review and update of Statutory Accounts
- Develop and maintain Sage 50 and Sage 200 systems including the development of reports
- Work closely with the Commercial Team to ensure robust financial information is being imported from Eque2 to Sage 200
- Ensure that the finance team are trained in Sage 50 and Sage 200 systems
- Develop and maintain financial process documentation and ensure compliance with and advise on group financial and management accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the payroll process to ensure timely and accurate processing including filing of all statutory returns
- Accountable to the Group Finance Director for all financial control matters across the organisation
- Assist the Group Finance Director to ensure that the organisation’s financial affairs and assets are well managed, that costs are controlled effectively and resources are fully aligned to strategic and operational priorities.
- Other adhoc analysis and reports as requested by the Group Finance Director or Senior Leadership Team
Experience & Skills Required
- Track record of success in a similar role and demonstrable career progression within a finance function
- Qualified accountant (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) or fully qualified to an equivalent professional level with another relevant awarding body or through experience)
- Sound commercial awareness
- Excellent attention to detail and highly developed analytical skills
- Extensive experience of leading and developing high performance Finance teams
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to influence, coach and mentor
- Demonstrable experience of providing professional and appropriate verbal and written communications with both internal and external customers at all levels
- Experienced in achieving SLA’s, identifying gaps against standards, and implementing improvement solutions
- Demonstrable experience in achieving performance targets and driving performance through utilising metrics
- Demonstrable experience in providing strong leadership and leading by example
- Solid experience in effectively organising and coordinating multiple priorities whilst achieving tight deadlines
- Highly resilient, responsive and proactive, able to adapt to daily changes in workload and areas of focus
- Excellent communication skills including preparing and delivering presentations.
- Excellent expert working knowledge of MS products in particular Excel but also competent in Word, PowerPoint and confident in navigating and utilising IT and accountancy software
- Excellent attention to detail
- Sound problem solving skills and analytical thinking with demonstrable experience of delivering actions plans to resolve issues and remedy disputes
- Construction industry knowledge.
- Experience of Sage 50, Sage 200 and Eque2 Construct software.
What’s on Offer
Working within an international business, you will enjoy the benefits that come with this whilst still enjoying a close nit working team. The security and benefits that also come with this are certainly generous as is the opportunity for further career progression within the organisation too. You will receive a great basic salary plus the opportunity to really develop your team that you will be managing and move this department forward in the business, in addition to the other benefits also that are included with the role.
Diversity & Inclusion
Kingsley Consulting operate an inclusive and diverse recruitment process, whilst also ensuring our clients do the same and we can provide any advice or education to them in relation to this. If there may be any support or adjustments required at any point throughout your recruitment journey with us, then please let us know and our trained consultants will assist and advise you accordingly.