Kingsley Consulting have partnered with one of the UK’s largest Roofing Product Manufacturers to appoint a Roofing Technician to manage their South Midlands Region. This role is a perfect fit for an experienced technical roofing professional, holding a solid Technical background and understanding of roofing/waterproofing.
The position holds a requirement split as; 50% home based technical support / 50% Site based support.
Territory: M1 Corridor (Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire, North London/Greater London)
Remuneration & Benefits
- Circa £40,000 (Neg depending on experience)
- Company Van (Sport range)
- Bonus (KPI Measured – Eligible after 1st year)
- 20 days holiday + Xmas Shutdown + Day off for Birthday (if a workday) + 1 day additional per year worked.
Operating from a home office you will cover the South Midlands region and have responsibility to ensure that all Flat Roof Systems (Bitumen, Hot Melt, Single Ply & Liquid) meet the Installation criteria of the specification. Conducting site visits where required and as necessary, there will be emphasis on the post holder to be able to build relationships with Main Client Customers and approved and prospective Roofing Contractors within the Region.
Key Responsibilities to include:
- Project inspections / technical visits.
- Refurbishment surveys to generate work for the business.
- Support Technical Director in developing projects such as:
- Product certification.
- RIBA / NBS specification software.
- Technical literature development / updates.
- Training literature development / updates
There is a key requirement for Technical support to be offered from a remote capacity as well as site capacity and therefore candidates are required to hold a strong written skills to generate accurate reports and documentation as required
Suitable candidates must be based in the Midlands/South Midlands region and hold practical (hands-on) flat roofing experience – ideally 5/10yrs, as the role requirements demand a strong Technical understanding, and underpinned by having the ability to create Technical documentation to support surveys/inspections.
Experience as a Contracts Supervisor / Manager/Estimator in the commercial roofing sector would be advantageous, but not essential.
Other key skills include:
- Great Communication Skills (Written and Oral)
- Organised with strong attention to detail
- IT proficient
- Competent in the use of AutoCAD
- Experience with Graphic Design or similar creative outlets whether professionally or recreationally is very desirable – but not essential.
Kingsley are acting as the sole agency partner for our Client in the fulfillment of this role. As part of the submission process, all candidate would be expected to undertake a short Video Interview as part of the recruitment journey.
If you are interested to pursue this position, please send your CV for immediate review by applying for the position. If you can send a cover letter to highlight key experience that would be great!. Whilst not a pre-requisite to be considered for the post, will be looked upon favorably.
Kingsley Consulting operates an inclusive and diverse recruitment process, whilst also ensuring our clients do the same and provide any advice or education to them in relation to this. If there may be any support or adjustments required at any point throughout your recruitment journey with us, then please let us know and our trained consultants will assist and advise you accordingly
Keywords: Contracts Manager, Contracts Supervisor, Site Technician, Field Technician, Flat Roofing Surveyor, Roofing Inspector, Site Inspection, Single Ply, Hot Melt, Liquid Applied, Roof Membrane, Mastic Asphalt, Bitumen Membrane, Bituminous, Cold Applied Liquid, Green Roofs, Green Roofing, Waterproofing, Roof, Roofing, Flat Roof