As a Front End Developer good communications skills are a must for this role as you will be tasked to work in a small team to gather information from users to create systems to help our staff and provide the best experience for our delegates. The core role will be helping to develop the internal systems and website which require excellent knowledge of HTML and CSS.
Working hours are Mon-Thu 8:45 to 5:30 and Fri 8:45 to 5:00 with an hour lunch break.
General overview of tasks will involve;
- Front end development of internal and external facing websites, systems, applications and more.
- Testing and development of sites and applications
- Answering phone and providing support (can be remote desktop support)
- Research/Quoting/Ordering of IT equipment
- Updating and maintenance of IT equipment and networks
- Supporting the development team as a whole
- QA Testing of new systems
- Resolving conflicts and cross browser issues
- Debugging of sites and programmes
- Overall delivery of quality and compatible, easy to use platforms for both internal and external users
- Being able to also work on any back end systems would also be beneficial but not essential.
Experience & Skills Required
- Experience with PHP would also be hugely beneficial
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms (LESS/SASS).
- Net Understanding of a mobile first approach and responsive design.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging.
- Understanding and basic usage of GIT, NPM.
- Clean driving licence
What’s on Offer
Working within an established family feel business that has continually grown, you will enjoy the benefits that come with this whilst still enjoying a close nit working team. The security and benefits that also come with this are certainly generous as is the opportunity for further career progression within the organisation too. You will receive a good basic salary in addition to the other benefits also that are included with the role.
Diversity & Inclusion
Kingsley Consulting operate an inclusive and diverse recruitment process, whilst also ensuring our clients do the same and we can provide any advice or education to them in relation to this. If there may be any support or adjustments required at any point throughout your recruitment journey with us, then please let us know and our trained consultants will assist and advise you accordingly.