As Gas Team Manager in South London for this organisation who are one of Europe’s leading Heating and Renewable technology manufacturers, you will manage, lead, motivate & engage the team of field based gas engineers and your primary function of this role is to manage the activity of your team of engineers, ensuring performance objectives are achieved in delivering exceptional customer service whilst promoting a safety first culture. The job will be a ‘hands on’ management role spending face to face time with engineers within the team ensuring the key objectives are met.
This will involve;
- To support engineers in their ability to service & repair the company’s boilers and associated Gas appliances which are either within warranty or as chargeable activity.
- To coach and guide engineers with training requirements.
- To monitor and expedite the completion of all work allocated to the team on a day to day basis. Close liaison with the planning teams will be required to assist in balancing the workload across the team and reacting to fill spare capacity or reallocating jobs in jeopardy.
- To monitor the number and value of parts used by engineers within the team in fulfilling product repairs.
- Manage customer complaints and escalations to the satisfaction of the customer and business. Providing feedback as part of continuous improvement to improve customer experience.
- To monitor the teams further visit and recall rates and, in conjunction with the field manager, establish appropriate actions for improvement.
- Complete annual Personal Development Reviews and action plans for improvement
- To conduct planned and ‘ad hoc’ meetings with engineers by undertaking ‘on the job’ audits. These will include assessing technical, quality, Health and Safety, customer service and administrative compliance in undertaking allocated work.
- Deliver Engineer Team Meetings and Safety Action groups, communicating effectively and gaining engagement and innovative ideas for improvement seeing through to implementation
- Assist Field Managers in determining ‘local knowledge’ settings within the planning / scheduling systems.
- Carry out investigations into lost time incidents to conclusion including root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- To assist with recruitment of new personnel, carry out interviews and relevant selection testing
- Responsibility for expenses in line with company policy.
- With ongoing coaching and mentoring create succession and development plans for your team.
Experience & Skills Required
- Previous Field management or team management experience ideally within the Gas industry or associated market, however other service led or engineer management experience will equally be considered.
- Ability to performance manage, coach and develop individuals and a team.
- Ideally have an understanding of the domestic heating market
- Commercial awareness
- Customer service focused
- Ideally hold their Gas ACS, although this is not essential
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
What’s on Offer
Salary:- Up to £40k + Car, Pension & Great Benefits
Working within an international business, you will enjoy the benefits that come with this and the company name brand and name behind them. The security and benefits that also come with this are certainly generous as is the opportunity for further career progression within the organisation too. Benefits include a good basic salary, Car, Contributory Pension, 25 Days Holiday and more.
Diversity & Inclusion
Kingsley Consulting operate an inclusive and diverse recruitment process, whilst also ensuring our clients do the same and we can provide any advice or education to them in relation to this. If there may be any support or adjustments required at any point throughout your recruitment journey with us, then please let us know and our trained consultants will assist and advise you accordingly.