Kingsley Consulting LTD are retained on a Project to help a bespoke Green Roof/Landscaping Client appoint a Contracts Manager for their growing business.
Our client is an expert in the Design, Installation and Maintenance of all types of green infrastructure, to include: Green Roofs/Brown Roofs/ Green Walls/Facades/ Podium Landscapes & Rooftop Gardens. With their pedigree underpinned with almost 10yrs experience of successful Green Profile Delivery, they are now looking to expand the team to meet the demands of their growing Customer Portfolio.
Circa £47K Depending on experience, Company Car, Pension, Bonus
The role will be home based, but regular travel is required to Project Sites within London & South (Inside M25 mainly).
The Contract Manager is a key role within the management team of the company reporting directly to the company Director. They will be responsible for the management of contracts, encompassing contract performance, delivery of contract objectives, client relationships, people management, safety conformance and financial performance. With the management team they will also be responsible for delivery of the company’s objectives.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Participate in hand-over meeting from estimating to construction.
- Organise/arrange/attend pre-contract meeting with client.
- Check all drawings/quotes are up to date.
- Always use current drawings, monitor and check on a regular basis and report and update any variations.
- ISO/QA/H+S file to include the working file, job cards etc.
- Produce project programme, budget, purchasing schedules etc
- Manage and co-ordinate call-off of materials in liaison with site teams.
- Ensure production and issue of Operations & Maintenance Manuals.
- Initiate client communication and liaise regularly on all aspects and record key matters.
- Undertake site visits and project meetings as required.
- Manage and implement variations to contract including the provision of cost adjustments/quotations and client agreement to additional costs.
- Ensure contract forms are completed as required i.e. RFI (Requests For Information)/ CVI (Confirmation of Verbal Instructions) etc.
- Raise and manage valuations.
- Liaise with accounts regarding valuations/invoices/bad debt/credits.
- Agree and sign off final account with client.
- Implement H&S audits, risk assessments and method statements and ensure safe working methods are always adopted and enforced.
- Recruitment and selection of contract staff according to company procedures.
- Undertake performance reviews and address training and development needs.
- Manage any employee relations issues (including disciplinary and grievances) within the scope of company policy.
- Adhere to HR processes and procedures, ensuring matters are dealt with quickly and fairly
- Promote the company and assist with marketing while carrying out daily duties.
- Create a positive impression with clients, presenting a professional and proactive attitude. Develop and maintain strong, long term relationships with customers to encourage repeat and follow-on work.
- Build a good understanding of the company, its history, business strategy, objectives and position in the market.
Your Skills & Experience:
- Extensive Contract Management knowledge and experience
- Experience within the landscape construction industry, would be ideal as you would know what we do, however candidates with experience within the Construction Industry that have managed Contracts encompassing some element of Roofing/Similar Product/Service would be of interest
- Supervisory experience.
- Good working knowledge of H&S and its enforcement.
- SMSTS qualified (ideally)
- Appropriate CSCS/CPCS competency qualifications.
- Competent computer user – MS Excel and Word
- Approachable manner when dealing with clients, strong relationship building skills.
- Highly motivated, high level of enthusiasm.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels including verbal, written and presentation.
- Constantly seek to improve and change to deliver best value.
We are looking to shortlist for this role w/c 10th of May and undertake Video Interviews with suitably experienced candidates. If you feel this role is of interest, please forward your CV for immediate review!
Diversity & Inclusion
Kingsley Consulting operate an inclusive and diverse recruitment process, whilst also ensuring our clients do the same and we can provide any advice or education to them in relation to this. If there may be any support or adjustments required at any point throughout your recruitment journey with us, then please let us know and our trained consultants will assist and advise you accordingly.