Our client has been a global name in sensor, software, surveying, measuring and autonomous solutions for almost 20 years. They are currently looking for an experienced Health and Safety Co-ordinator to take on the company’s internal health and safety processes, guidelines and documentation. Based in Milton Keynes, the role is a 6 month contract to start, but may develop into a permanent position for the right candidate.
The Health & Safety Co-ordinator will be responsible for setting up and monitoring processes and policies, plus the generation of relevant H&S documentation. You will run formal reports, analyse and communicate findings to senior management teams. You will identify and control risk and ensure that management, site teams and lone employees are working in a safe manner at all times.
- Develop and manage H&S procedures and policies
- Schedule H&S audits/inspections and implement any follow-up actions
- Devise and deliver ongoing, approved H&S awareness training in line with project and business requirements
- Train and support H&S up-skilling and development within the company’s operational teams
- Create site risk assessments, action plans and employee handbooks
- Advise and support all operational Health & Safety issues
- Create and monitor accident/incident/hazards reporting tools and investigations
- Monitor the status of H&S legislative compliance
- Participate in supplier reviews/tender processes
- Liaise with Statutory Authorities on behalf of the company, including HSE, auditors or clients’ representatives
- Membership of a relevant H&S professional body (IOSH/IEMA)
- Educated to NEBOSH National Level Certificate/IEMA toolbox talk
- Incident investigator/fact finder experience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to influence and persuade
- Team player
- Accurate record keeping skills
- Previous experience in health and safety management in multiple sites is desirable
- Competent computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Internet)
- Valid UK driving licence
If you are interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced and progressive business that has wider group opportunities within its structure, and demonstrate the above skills, we want to hear from you! Please contact Lee Reynolds for further information about the role.
Kingsley Consulting operates an inclusive and diverse recruitment process, whilst also ensuring our clients do the same and we can provide any advice or education to them in relation to this. If there may be any support or adjustments required at any point throughout your recruitment journey with us, then please let us know and our trained consultants will assist and advise you accordingly.