Kingsley Consulting is excited to bring this HSEQ Manager position to market on behalf of a leading Roofing Contractor, who are experiencing unprecedented growth in their business. They have grown organically and through acquisition over the past few years and now are looking to hire a H&S professional into the wider management team to provide governance and support to the delivery of all Roofing Projects (Flat & Pitched).
Salary :- Circa £40k – £50K basic (DOE), Car, Fuel Card + great company benefits
Location :- Ferring, West Sussex (But will be covering all Southern Operations in London, Sussex, Kent, Hampshire)
Company:- The organisation are a leading Roofing Group (3 Roofing Businesses & a Scaffold Business)
Due to the continued growth and internal reorganisation we are looking to recruit an experienced ‘hands-on’ Safety, Health, Environment & Quality (SHEQ) Manager, preferably with experience in the Construction Sector.
This is a challenging role requiring someone with a ‘can do’ attitude, a commercial approach and an attention to detail. The successful candidate must be hardworking, reliable, and possess excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
Reporting primarily to the board of Directors, your role will include significant interaction with the all directors and senior managers within the business.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with good all-round SHEQ management experience, gained within the Roofing or Construction Sector who can work on their own initiative to develop the role and drive forward improvement within the business.
- Participating in Pre-Start meetings
- Review all RAMS site documentation to ensure accuracy and safe working of Projects
- Building relationships and setting standards on the sites
- A hands-on approach to assisting management and providing guidance in all HSEQ matters.
- A proactive individual with the ability to work across all levels of the business and promote and drive a positive HSE culture.
- Provide Legislative and regulation advice to the Management team on all matters relating to HSEQ
- Support and assist operational management teams to fulfill their Health, Safety and Environmental legislative requirements
- Lead the continuous development of HSEQ management systems including policy documents, operating procedures, risk assessments, method statements and accident reporting systems;
- Liaise with registration bodies, customers and suppliers as necessary to resolve problems.
- Responsible for maintaining SSIP accreditation’s including but not restricted to CHAS & Constructionline
- Responsible for implementing and enforcing an internal HSEQ audit schedule in accordance with business and it’s demands.
- Maintain the management system and identify and implement initiatives for improvement, including all procedures, processes and safe systems of work, offering support and advice on risk assessments, method statements and COSHH to our operations and contact centre managers.
- Lead HSEQ management and committee meetings:
- Attend client, contractor, regulatory meetings and other events as required
- Undertake external site audits and report findings with suggested improvements where appropriate
- Investigate safety and environmental related incidents with operational management to establish root causes and preventative measures
- Assisting management in the preparation of tenders and the completion of vendor questionnaires
- Participate in the selection process of critical suppliers and review of their subsequent ongoing performance
- Lead the business in respect to third party HSEQ audits.
- Overall responsibility/ authority for all incidents and accident investigations.
- Provide client support on HSEQ matters/ audits
- Complete other projects at the request of the Management
Experience & Skills Required
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Proven experience working in a SHEQ or H&S Management role (preferably) in the Roofing or Construction Sector
- Ability to build relationships and influence people at all levels throughout the business
- NEBOSH & IOSH certified
- Influential and collaborative where needed to ensure that common goals are achieved, drive and determination to deliver in challenging situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, have a personable nature with effective and clear communication skills
- You will therefore be required to develop relationships at all levels.
- The ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines is essential.
The interview process will consist of an initial telephone/Video Interview with Kingsley Consulting to, followed by a meeting with the Client at their HQ for all shortlisted applicants.
Diversity & Inclusion
Kingsley Consulting operate an inclusive and diverse recruitment process, whilst also ensuring our clients do the same and we can provide any advice or education to them in relation to this. If there may be any support or adjustments required at any point throughout your recruitment journey with us, then please let us know and our trained consultants will assist and advise you accordingly.