As Project Manager local to London, in this Fire, Security and Data Infrastructure business the responsibilities include providing leadership and support to the Projects delivery teams to ensure all Capital Projects are delivered within the agreed contractual time frames ensuring environmental, health and safety and quality compliance are maintained and projects are delivered to regional budget requirements.
General overview of tasks will involve;
- To be the lead point of contact for all key customer contracts, anticipate customer needs, ensure customer deadlines are met and support the contract to ensure customer success and contractual compliance.
- To oversee and be responsible for the onsite delivery of the projects on a day to day basis.
- To effectively build, monitor and support project delivery team.
- To effectively identify, build and maintain internal key departmental contacts and stakeholder relationships to ensure positive outcomes and cross functional working at all times.
- Take ownership of the project delivery including implementing, monitoring and developing construction programmes and financial controls to ensure key project performance measures are achieved.
- To attend progress review meetings with external & internal customers and provide timely support and corrective actions, including complaint management and dispute resolutions, to ensure successful delivery of contracts, budgets and to optimise customer relationships and protect the business.
- To ensure compliance with industry standards and codes of practice, company quality and compliance standards and customer SLA’s and take corrective action as appropriate.
- To ensure compliance with Health and Safety and Environmental (HS&E) statutory and regulatory requirements, standards and codes of practice, company procedures and customer SLA’s and take corrective action as appropriate.
- Lead by example setting the highest possible standards of leadership in promotion of HS&E procedures and best practice.
- Proactively manage the team to ensure high levels of performance and achievement of contractual SLA’s
- Manage staff allocation across the projects.
- To support the day to day management of the delivery teams (Project Engineers and contractors), including regular contract review and planning meetings.
- To produce and analyse progress reports, updated costs and forecasts.
- To monitor quality and continually explore improvements in design and installation techniques and to provide regular feedback into the business to reduce cost and wastage.
Experience & Skills Required
- Project Management experience in construction or engineering including relationship management and negotiating contract terms and conditions.
- Sound commercial awareness and costing of projects and contracts.
- Extensive experience of managing Project delivery teams.
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to influence, coach and mentor.
- Good Commercial and Contract awareness.
- Clear understanding of construction methods and sequencing.
- Clear understanding of construction Health and Safety requirements, including management of RAMS and sub-contractors.
- Demonstrable experience of providing professional and appropriate verbal and written communications with both internal and external customers at all levels.
- Experienced in achieving SLA’s, identifying gaps against standards, and implementing improvement solutions.
- Demonstrable experience in achieving performance targets and driving performance through utilising metrics.
- Demonstrable experience in providing strong leadership and leading by example.
- Solid experience in effectively organising and coordinating multiple priorities whilst achieving tight deadlines.
- Highly resilient, responsive and proactive, able to adapt to daily changes in workload and areas of focus.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Sound problem solving skills and analytical thinking with demonstrable experience of delivering actions plans to resolve issues and remedy disputes.
- Previous experience of working within Fire or Security or Data Infrastructure industry.
- Educated to HND level or relevant industry experience.
- NEBOSH, IOSH or SMSTS certification.
- Experience of resource planning.
- Experience of Eque2 or other similar contract management software.
- CSCS Card.
What’s on Offer
Working within an international business, you will enjoy the benefits that come with this whilst still enjoying a close nit working team. The security and benefits that also come with this are certainly generous as is the opportunity for further career progression within the organisation too. You will receive a great basic salary plus the opportunity for a substantial bonus in addition to the other benefits also that are included with the role.
Salary :- c£45k-£55k Base + Car Allowance, Bonus, Health Care Cash plan, 33 Days Hols
Location :- London
The Company provide expert, independent and bespoke Fire, Security and IT Solutions design, installation and support. We work across all major market sectors, on major construction projects and with end-user organisations, with an approach that values true collaboration. We deliver a genuine end-to-end service designed for the entire life-cycle of a facility, with a philosophy that always places our customers at the core of our business. Our aim is to ensure our customers are more efficient, effective and resilient through the services we provide which we deliver with the highest levels of service and leading-edge technology.
Diversity & Inclusion
Kingsley Consulting operate an inclusive and diverse recruitment process, whilst also ensuring our clients do the same and we can provide any advice or education to them in relation to this. If there may be any support or adjustments required at any point throughout your recruitment journey with us, then please let us know and our trained consultants will assist and advise you accordingly.