The Senior Data Cabling Engineer is responsible for the installation, termination and fault finding of data cabling at a range of sites across the UK. As the Senior Data Cabling Engineer you will be supervising Data Engineers during works on site to ensure the delivery of high quality work and within the required timescales set out for the projects. Full supervision on the Data Engineers including the delivery of Tool Box talks, point of work risk assessments and day to day management of the Data Engineers.
General overview of tasks will involve;
- Install and termination of cable pulling, laying and associated testing, for both copper and fibre including fault finding and proactive resolution.
- Work alongside Project Managers to communicate and discuss how to ensure adherence to project deadlines.
- To read and understand construction drawings and interpret into practical work.
- Reporting back to the Project Manager regarding progress, site delays or issues.
- Attend site briefings and ensure that information and key messages are relayed to the team.
- Supervision of engineers works on site and including point of work risk assessments and toolbox talks.
- On site installation, testing and termination of Cat 5e, 6 & 6a copper and fibre optic cabling & associated containment.
- Containment installation skills to include: Steel wire cable tray, metal conduit, plastic conduit and plastic trunking.
- To work collaboratively with the Project Managers.
- Lead by example setting the highest possible standards of workmanship and best practice.
Experience & Skills Required
- Experience of installation & termination of Data Cabling.
- Hold Current ECS Skills card.
- Excellent attention to detail, sound problem solving skills and analytical thinking with demonstrable experience of delivering action plans to resolve issue and remedy disputes
- Demonstrable experience of reading and interpreting construction drawings including preparing quantities from specifications and drawings
- Considerable experience in installation of cat 5e, 6, 6a and fibre cabling
- Proficient use of cable certification equipment (Fluke or otherwise) to test and produce a set of results for installation
- Can demonstrate excellent customer service skills in a variety of ways including written, verbal over the phone and face to face
- Full driving license
- Previous experience of working within Data Infrastructure industry.
- SSTS Qualified
- Experience of supervising large-scale projects, over multiple months / years
- Experience in developing RAMs
- Fire and / or Security Experience
What’s on Offer
Working within an international business, you will enjoy the benefits that come with this whilst still enjoying a close nit working team. The security and benefits that also come with this are certainly generous as is the opportunity for further career progression within the organisation too. You will receive a great basic salary plus the opportunity for further Overtime earnings and career progression.
Diversity & Inclusion
Kingsley Consulting operate an inclusive and diverse recruitment process, whilst also ensuring our clients do the same and we can provide any advice or education to them in relation to this. If there may be any support or adjustments required at any point throughout your recruitment journey with us, then please let us know and our trained consultants will assist and advise you accordingly.