The Senior IT Support Engineer is responsible for providing all levels of technical support to remote and onsite customers with a managed service contract and to support 1st and 2nd line service desk technicians. The role is responsible for achieving and maintaining good working relationships with customers and providing a high level of customer service for all support queries whilst adhering to all service management principles. The role will consult on infrastructure problems and provide suitable networking solutions, take ownership of user problems and will work proactively to troubleshoot, respond and resolve
General overview of tasks will involve;
- Responsible for providing support to 1st, 2nd & 3rd line engineers acting as an escalation resolution point for our customers and providing senior technical support to customers.
- Provide coaching on technical skills and processes to 2nd Line and 1st Line staff
- Build and maintain good working relationships with project Managers in order to lead on infrastructure projects ensuring projects are completed in line with timeframes and costings.
- To meet with customers and to understand the organisation strategy and work with Technical Architect and /or Solutions Architect to create IT solutions that meet those needs.
- To maintain 95% or above on our service desk SLA agreements.
- To maintain the company’s IT network, ensuring that any items of risk are highlighted or removed from the infrastructure.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, tickets and emails ensuring all tickets are logged effectively and with adequate information to ensure that support requests can be resolved efficiently and that ticket closures are achieved in line with daily targets.
- Manage own ticket queue and workload, ensuring it is scheduled in an efficient manner and that time sheets are updated accurately and promptly.
- Complete scheduled small works as required and within the agreed customer timeframes.
- Provide coaching on technical skills and processes to the team, oversee product specific staff training and encourage team sharing of best practice.
- Provide pre-sales support to the company’s existing customers.
- Complete proactive maintenance for the business’ support customers.
- Support the Service Desk Co-Ordinator to ensure effective and efficient task allocation and scheduling.
- Ensure all paperwork relating to finished work is completed and recorded in line with relevant timeframes.
- Stand-in for the Service Desk Manager to manage the support team and departmental responsibilities as and when required.
Experience & Skills Required
- Experience of working in a Managed Service Provider or similar IT support environment covering a number of different technical areas.
- Experience with working on IT infrastructure projects where responsible for planning, installation and documentation.
- Demonstrable experience of sound professional communication skills, written, over the phone and face to face.
- Have at least 1 formal IT qualification preferably at a higher education level or above.
- Microsoft product certification.
- Network certification.
- Good working knowledge of major networking components, to include networking operating systems, basic configuration and maintenance, switches, router and firewalls.
- Backup configuration and maintenance experience.
- Hands on knowledge of the procedures used in the installation modification maintenance and repair of IT hardware and software.
- Daily system checks to include servers, backups and firewalls.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience.
- Experience in troubleshooting Microsoft environments.
- Willingness to learn new skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable working within a team or with own initiative
- Full UK Driving licence
- ITIL certification
- Experience of working as a Managed Service Provider or similar.
- Certification and/or excellent working knowledge of windows server 2003/2008/2012/2016
- Certification and/or excellent working knowledge of windows 7/8/10
- Certification and/or excellent working knowledge of Office2003/2010/2013/2016/365
- Certification and/or excellent Exchange server 2003/2007/2010/2013/2016/365 implementation experience
What’s on Offer
Working within an international business, you will enjoy the benefits that come with this whilst still enjoying a close nit working team. The security and benefits that also come with this are certainly generous as is the opportunity for further career progression within the organisation too. You will receive a great basic salary in addition to the other benefits also that are included with the role.
Diversity & Inclusion
Kingsley Consulting operate an inclusive and diverse recruitment process, whilst also ensuring our clients do the same and we can provide any advice or education to them in relation to this. If there may be any support or adjustments required at any point throughout your recruitment journey with us, then please let us know and our trained consultants will assist and advise you accordingly.