Marisa Baker gets standing ovation…
A big congratulations to Kingsley Consulting’s Marisa Baker for delivering the keynote speech at the “Women In Logistics Annual Conference” in Milton Keynes on Thursday 1st of November.
Marisa delivered a powerful message about getting the disadvantaged back into work whilst also telling the raw and powerful story about how she has beaten the odds and made a successful career in recruitment and the Logistics sector.
Marisa’s story was so well received at the Annual Conference that she got a standing ovation! Inspiring stuff indeed!
Women in Logistics (WiL) vision is to:
“Improve the lives of women in logistics in the UK and address gender imbalance, enabling the logistics industry to benefit from female talent.”
The WiL mission is to:
- Attract, retain and support women working in logistics and promote the broader diversity agenda
- Provide opportunities for the logistics industry, and other key stakeholders, to support women working in the sector and identify and address the challenges to recruitment and retention
The objectives of the forum are to:
- Connect – Provide networking and professional development events
- Engage – To provide a voice for women working in logistics and to address, from a female perspective, key challenges the profession faces
- Inspire – Provide an inclusive and encouraging environment to nurture female talent within the sector
From humble beginnings in 2008, Women in Logistics has grown to a membership of nearly 4,000. In 2014, the organisation started a process of restructuring in order to cope with the size and to enable us to continue to grow and serve our members. In 2018, Women in Logistics became incorporated into the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT UK), creating a wider platform to extend our reach and continue to engage, connect and inspire the profession.
Are you a female logistics professional looking to connect with other like-minded women? Or have you just started out in the logistics industry and want some advice or inspiration? Or maybe you are a logistics manager or recruiter wondering how to improve your gender diversity?
Why not get involved? Join Marisa and other women working within Logistics and Become a member today!